The Office for Life, Family and Laity provides formation opportunities for priests and parish pre-Cana teams. Our staff can assist pre-Cana teams in assessing their program needs and provide a half-day Formation Workshop for clergy and team members. This Workshop includes a discussion of the mission and purpose of marriage preparation, an introduction to the theology and sacramentality of marriage, and recommendations for resources to use with engaged couples. The Office for Life, Family and Laity staff will also assist priests, deacons and lay people in initiating marriage preparation programs in parishes. We can make recommendations for identifying couples and individuals to participate on the pre-Cana team, assist as needed in program development, and provide a Formation Workshop for the new team.
For more information, please contact:
Deacon Patrick Kennedy Office for Life and Family Phone: 215-587-0500 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Parish Marriage Preparation
Please feel free to copy and use these hand outs and brochures in marriage preparation, or for distribution in the parish.
- USCCB For Your Marriage website
- Pre-Marriage Witness Form for Parish Priests
- Communicating Means Listening (English Version)
- Communicating Means Listening (Spanish Version)
- 10 Principles for Good Communication (English Version)
- 10 Principles for Good Communication (Spanish Version)
- Disagreements: Resolution and Reconciliation
- Natural Family Planning – FAQ
- Bi-Fold Flyer on Resources for Engaged Couples
- Other Recommended Publishers’ Resources
- List of General Resources (Books, Websites, Brochures) the Family Life Office Recommends